This past Saturday I did something I've been thinking about doing for the past several months...I deactivated my Facebook account. It has been 3 days and so far I don't really miss it. It's been pretty freeing and it's good for me to not know what everyone is doing or thinking. One thing I have noticed though, is that I have become accustomed to thinking in status updates (which is probably another sign that it needed to go). Several times I have thought something or heard something or witnessed something and thought "I need to post that on Facebook." This lead me to other thoughts about why we post the things we do on such a public place, but I'll leave that for another time. I would love to say that I'm done with fb forever but that isn't very realistic. For now, I'll enjoy the extra time.
On another note, the lady I work with and I saw this on a school's website today and it gave us many minutes of laughter:
"Phone xxx-xxx-xxxx (please call to verify before using)"
Seriously!?
No comments:
Post a Comment