Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Break 2012, Woo Hoo!!!!




I drove up to South Carolina yesterday to pick up Shea and the two of us are spending the next couple of days on Edisto Island.  Most people have never heard of it but Edisto is off the coast of South Carolina, between Charlston and Hilton Head.  It's a quiet little beach area and in case you do better with maps, here you go.


Who would have thought that Shea and I would sign up to participate in a 5K on the first day of our vacation?  But we did and if you need proof, click here.  You'll find Shea in 81st place and me somewhere around 122nd place (and yes, there are people who finished after me).  For more proof, here are some photos for you to enjoy. 

Our bibs - Me #4, Shea #100


Before


After
 So, at age 42 I completed my first road race.  I may have walked the entire thing (except for the final 200 yards, which I ran) but I kept my pace and I finished.  Yay me!!!  Now for the REST of vacation.

1 comment:

whitney said...

I haven't been to your blog in awhile! Congrats on the 23 lbs! That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment