Saturday, August 18, 2012

Getting Back to Sewing

 I haven't done much sewing since I quit teaching Family & Consumer Sciences (Home Economics) about 12 years ago, but thanks to Pinterest I've decided to give it a try again.  I found this "Easy iPhone Sleeve Tutorial" on erenerickson.com and thought I'd start with that.  I am going to post my photos and commentary but if you want to give it a try yourself, use her tutorial and photos since they are much better.


I bought enough fabric, interfacing, and batting to make several of these.
I cut out all of my materials using a rotary cutter and  I think I like using that.
Sewing the tab.  Those are some pretty straight lines.  I'm pretty proud of those lines.

Finished product.  I think the batting I used was too thick and I don't like the way the edges didn't line up well with each other.  If you don't look at it too closely, it's really cute.
This is the sleeve next to my iPhone case.  My phone won't fit into the sleeve with the case on it.

My phone in the sleeve!  I think I'll try it again and make it just a little wider.

Even though it didn't turn out perfect, I still enjoyed making it.  Can't wait to start my next project.

1 comment:

Shea said...

Thanks for posting!!!

Post a Comment