Thursday, September 22, 2011

More "Pinspiration"

Last week I mentioned a canvas collage in my thoughts that I would like to make a reality.  Last night I got started!  I'm so excited!
 These aren't finished yet but I really like what I have so far.  And, it was so easy.  I printed out photos on my color printer, on plain white paper.  I printed 5x7s because I had 5x7 canvases, but I had to trim them a bit to fit exactly.  After brushing Mod Podge Matte all over the top surface of the canvas, I carefully put the photo in place (there isn't much time at all to move the photo around if you don't get it close the first time).  I then used my little brown Pampered Chef stoneware scrapper to gently rub from bottom to top and one side to the next, to make sure there were no bubbles.  Again, do this carefully because it would be very easy to  tear the photo.
Now you will have to have patience because they need to dry COMPLETELY before moving on.  After they are completely dry, brush a coat of Mod Podge Matte over the top of the photo.  It will be milky when you apply it, but it dries clear.

I haven't quit decided what to do with my edges yet but I have a couple of options:  ribbon, paint, or decorative paper. More photos later.

Update 9/24/11 - Last night I painted the edges of a canvas I did with pretty paper.  I made a mess of it, getting the paint all over the pretty paper.  I used a slightly damp paper towel and was able to wipe the paint off.  I still think I'll do the edges first next time.


I also covered more of my canvases with pretty paper, only this time, instead of cutting the paper to fit just the top of the canvas, I left enough all the way around to cover the edges as well.


You basically do it like you are wrapping a present.



Here are some of the other ones I did.  They aren't going to stay on the mantle, that's just where they are resting until I finish and arrange them on the wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment